2011年4月4日星期一

How to diagnose the issue "Phantom cursor" on your Mac

I converted to the cult of Mac about 3 years ago. I've used Macs a little elementary school, and then again in College in our school computer lab, but it wasn't until after I graduated, I bought my first MacBook. 3 + years later and he is still going strong; I've never had one issue with it.

Well, okay, just one question. While a few months ago, my Mac has had.

So, not as a "ghost" has had, but something strange was definitely happening. I would just like typing and all of a sudden, the cursor will jump to a random location on the page and all my text will move in that part of the document. Sections of my text documents will be identified and then get completely erased next time when I did hit. It was awful. My productivity dropped, because I couldn't write even half the blog without it all going to pieces.

My subsequent struggle with my Mac to solve the mystery of ghost cursor takes about weeks searching forums, inventive problems for Mac users and ask my friends who use Macs, if they ever come across something like that.

If you've got the dreaded "Phantom cursor" is your Mac (and you are running a version of OSX 10), here's a rundown of the main causes of the problem, to help you determine the cause of your failure.

Common reason # 1: you need to reconfigure your trackpad

For some Mac trackpad problem. To find out if your cursor issues caused by your settings, go to system settings. Click trackpad and then clear the check box next to the trackpad Gestures and check the "ignore accidental trackpad input". Making the trackpad effectively less sensitive to your contribution, can resolve the cause of your problems.

Another possible way to address the problem of Phantom cursor on Mac laptop must attach a USB mouse and trackpad to use instead. If the faulty trackpad is causing the cursor bouncing around the screen using the mouse instead, can circumvent the error. Just make sure to go into system preferences after you connect the mouse and select "Ignore trackpad when mouse is present" trackpad settings section.

Common reason # 2: you need to reset your PRAM

Parameter RAM (PRAM) is where Mac stores basic information (such as time), so you don't have to re-enter it each time you start your computer. Resetting PRAM is sort of like a smarter way to try to correct the problem, tech, turning your computer off and on again. Not particularly elegant, but it often can get the job done.

First shut down the computer. Then turn it off, remove the battery and then hold down the power button on the number ten. Replace the battery of the power cord. Turn on your computer and immediately press the following keys: command, option, P, r.

Keeping keep these keys and you'll hear gentle chime. Hold down the four keys to your computer Chime for the second time, and then release them. Reset then completed, and you're ready to try writing again and see if phantom cursor program continues.

Common reason # 3: you've got malware

If you have malware, viruses or spyware, infecting your computer, they can sometimes lead to failure. As we all know, Macs are generally less likely to get this kind of problems than PCs, but it still can happen. To examine the hard disk for anything nasty use free trial programs like MacScan. If the program detects something, can isolate and safely remove it.

Cause # 4: the trackpad damage/offset

In my case it was the source of all my woes Phantom cursor. Over time, (and partly because the game too many video games, which forced me to do Active clicking) my trackpad got a bit of depression by sending it out of alignment and causing my computer to read it as ever clicked on.

In connection with my MacBook, my neighbors Mac savvy save the day. He removed the battery of my laptop and use a mild pressure with his fingers to move chassis batteries only very slightly below the trackpad. This slight pressure was enough to just pop a few millimeters in the trackpad is the correct position.

How about you guys? Have you ever had a problem "Phantom cursor"? And if so, how do you solve this? Tell us in the comments below!

Tucker is a writer and social media professional living in New England. When not staring into a tiny electric field, it is engaged in wanton acts of stupidity at BadBoozeReview.com and at MargeryJones.com posts daily


View the original article here

没有评论:

发表评论