2011年4月4日星期一

Cut stress by shredding food: cooking for stress relief

I love cooking. I'm kind of people who read the entire cookbook from cover to cover in one day, just for fun. I am addicted to top chef Anthony Bourdain fan, and I spend more money on Cookware than makeup.

All that being said, there are days when I can't bear the thought of having to plan a meal, not to mention Cook. Sometimes when I do, I stressed that I just can't muster up the energy for cooking, even though I love it. I just think, "Oh God. Another thing I have to deal with today. "

But if I can just push through that initial reluctance, I'm back in my element. Kitchen is my domain, and the control of one aspect of my life helps me feel like maybe, just maybe, I can regain control of the rest of my life.

Cooking is not all, but there is plenty of evidence that I am not alone in my feelings that time in the kitchen, you may cause serious stress relief. Not convinced? Check below the breakdown.

1 Effect "Voodoo"

Sometimes busting through your stress is a simple confirmation dominance at the top of the food chain. Maybe it's a bit dark but chopping vegetables and butchering CHICKENS can really take the edge off even the most stressful days. There's a big fight with your boss? Pretend that carrot his car and go to town on it.

Using your ingredients as Voodoo dolls, you'll find that cutting a couple of pounds of food you really calmed down.

2. Aromatherapy

Cooking with some herbs, spices and aromatic substances can have a beneficial effect on your mood, as I mentioned in a recent post.

Here's a quick breakdown of some common household, flavors and cooking ingredients, along with how they might change your opinion mood with to life:

Tonic/Orange, invigorating: rosemary, Lemon.
Stress relief: Lavender, Sage.
Sleep AIDS: Lavender, Chamomile.
Mood Elevators: Peppermint, Basil.

Get some of these ingredients, simmering in pot with your dinner, and the smell of cooking a meal helps release tension from your body.

3. Products that reduce stress and anxiety

After a busy day at the Office, it may be tempting to accept the order. You've been a long day, and most likely you want to have a hot lunch now rather than wait for something to cook. But actually, cooking your own gives you more control over what you are putting in your body ... and this is a link between the products you put into your body and how well you cope with stress.

For example, trans fat, just as bad for your body because they are your coping mechanisms. Trans fat block specific chemical receptors in the body, which in turn may limit the ability to deal with stressful situations.

According to a study published in Journal of agricultural and food chemistrycan lead to significant reductions in the number of stress hormones in your body, eat dark chocolate. The study showed that people who are identified as high and ate several pieces of dark chocolate on a daily basis for two weeks reduced stress levels.

Other products associated with stress relief include Turkey, walnuts, almonds, sweet potatoes, spinach and salmon.

4. get control of one area of your life

One of the reasons I love cooking is, because it gives me back some small degree of control over my life. According to Julie Powell in the film "Julie and Julia", "chocolate cream pie! You know what I like about cooking? I love that after a day where nothing is, of course, and when I say that nothing I mean anything you can come home and absolutely know that if you add the egg yolks and sugar and chocolate milk, then it will get thick. "It's such a comfort."

We get stressed out when our lives spin out of control. Taking over a small area in your life can help more than you might realize.

5 Zen cookery

Once you start cooking, you can sometimes achieve this state of meditation. You are in the area of cutting, grinding and sauteing. All that matters is food, and it's nice to throw in day care and just focus on one small tasks at a time.

Food Network Alton Brown says that making "very calming ritual. This is another form of stress relief, than I get to do anything else ...[W] e find the kind of physical comfort, doing things with our hands, more and more in the kitchen. Sounds, smells and feels that room, consolation for me. "

Conclusion

When the next time you have a terrible day, pick up a Saute Pan. Cooking is a hobby that relaxes you and has the added bonus of feeds, too. Skip Spa and get relaxed the old fashioned way: in front of the plate.

Tucker is a writer and social media professional living in New England. When not staring into a tiny electric field, it is engaged in wanton acts of stupidity at BadBoozeReview.com and at MargeryJones.com posts daily


View the original article here

没有评论:

发表评论